Before you start

You can use this form to ask us to refill a salt heap or salt bin or to report a problem, such as damage or vandalism.

We provide salt heaps and bins for use on roads and footways in severe weather, but not for use on private property. We may remove bins if they are misused. Rock salt can be bought from most DIY or garden centres.

They are refilled by 1 November and a second refill may be carried out mid-season or after significant snowfall.

You can access our road gritting, salt heaps and bins page for general information about salt heaps and bins.

It should only take you a few minutes to complete this form. Please do not provide personal information unless specifically requested.

By using this form you agree to our legal terms. For more information on how we use your information you can view our privacy notices.